Important information about Square One Home Loans Limited FSP 775153
Licence status and conditions
Astute Financial Management Limited FSP641829 (Astute) holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice service.
Square One Home Loans Limited FSP 775153 is authorised by that licence to provide financial advice service.
Our contact details are:
Square One Home Loans Ltd FSP775153
Telephone: 027 820 6766
We provide financial advice on Mortgage Products/Consumer Credit Contracts
We encourage you to read the important information given below. It may help you decide whether your financial needs may be met by engaging with us.
Nature and scope of financial advice service
Square One Home Loan advisers can offer advice about:
Determining how much you can afford to borrow
Selecting an appropriate lender
How to structure your repayments
Re-fixing your current lending.
We provide advice in relation to the following lending products:
Fixed rate rollovers
We provide financial advice service about residential/residential and personal loan products only from the following providers (also known as lenders):
ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited
Cressida Capital One Limited
Pepper New Zealand Limited
AIA Services New Zealand Limited
Pioneer Finance Limited
ASAP Finance Limited
FICO Finance Limited
Plus Finance Limited
ASB Bank Limited
First Mortgage Managers Limited
Property Funding Securities Limited
Avanti Finance Limited
Funding Partners Limited
Resimac Financial Securities Limited
Bank of China (New Zealand) Limited
General Finance Limited
Southern Cross Finance Limited
Bank of New Zealand
Gold Band Finance Limited
Southland Building Society
Basecorp Finance Limited
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (New Zealand) Limited
The Co-operative Bank Limited
Bluestone Mortgages NZ Limited
Liberty Financial Limited
TSB Bank Limited
China Construction Bank
Metro Finance Limited
Westpac New Zealand Limited
Credit Union Baywide
Oxford Finance Limited
Wroxton Finance Limited
We do not provide financial advice service related to:
Investment products (e.g., shares, bonds, managed funds, etc.) and KiwiSaver products; and
Estate planning (such as Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, and trusts of any description); and
General Insurance products; and
Personal Risk Insurance products.
You will need to consult appropriate specialists if you would like advice on the products above.
Fees, expenses, or other amounts payable
In majority of cases we do not charge any fee, expense or other amount for the financial advice provided to you or for implementing that advice. Our remuneration is paid by the product providers by way of commission.
However, we may charge a fee for the financial advice service provided to a client where a client repays a residential home loan within a defined time (being 24 or 27 months) from the date it is drawn down.
Whether a fee will be charged, the manner in which it will be charged and the date by which the fee will be payable will be advised when the financial advice service is provided to the client.
Conflicts of interest and commissions or other incentives
Residential and personal loan products
We and Astute will receive commission from the lenders who provide residential and personal loan products. If you decide to take out a residential or personal loan, then the lender will pay commission based on the amount of loan settled with that lender or lenders.
Our advisers are remunerated by drawings from the company (Square One Home Loans Ltd)
From time to time, various product providers (described previously) may also reward us and/or Astute for the overall business provided to them. They may give tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives. To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise the client’s interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made based on the client’s personal goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual professional development refresher training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We maintain registers of conflicts of interests, and the gifts and incentives received.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
We take all complaints seriously and works to resolve them as quickly as possible.
If you are unhappy with our financial advice service, and wish to make a complaint, please contact your financial adviser so he or she can try to put things right.
If you do not feel comfortable discussing your concerns with your adviser, you can:
Call Astute on 0508 427 888 between the hours of 8:30 am - 5 pm week days
Write to Astute at PO Box 9268 Newmarket, Auckland 1023, addressing your letter to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer.
How your Complaint will be handled
We will deal with your complaint using our internal complaints handling process. Accordingly,
We will investigate your complaint by analysing the information you provided us; and
We may contact you to get additional information about your complaint.
We aim to resolve your complaint within 40 days of its receipt and advise you, in writing, our proposed resolution to your complaint.
If we cannot resolve your complaint within 40 days of receipt (or any additional time you have given us thereafter, at our request) you can contact the Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL).
FSCL provides an independent external dispute resolution service to consumers with complaints about their financial service providers. This service will cost you nothing and will help us to investigate or resolve your complaint if it is not resolved to your satisfaction using our internal complaints process.
You can contact the FSCL Scheme at:
Telephone: 0800 347 257 or +64 4 4723725
Address: Level 4, 101 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011
P O Box 5967, Wellington 6140
We, Astute and our financial advisers are bound by the following duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 to:
meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (Code of Conduct), which form part of the wider regulatory regime for financial advice and ensure we have the expertise necessary to provide you with advice; and
give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that the advice given to you is not materially influenced by our own interests or the interests of any other person connected with the giving of advice; and
exercise care, diligence, and skill that a prudent person engaged in the occupation of giving related financial advice would in the same circumstances; and
meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct, to treat you as we should and to provide you with suitable advice.
Terms & Conditions
This website is owned and maintained by Square One Home Loans Limited. Please read these website terms and conditions carefully before continuing to use or browse this web site. By accessing and using this website you are deemed to have accepted these website terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them. Square One Home Loans Limited reserves the right to change or modify the website terms and conditions at any time, without giving you prior notice. Any change will take effect once posted on this website. You must not use this website for any unlawful purpose.
1. About this Website. The information provided on this website is not a regulated financial advice to a retail client. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice. You may seek appropriate financial advice from a qualified professional to suit your individual circumstances.
2. No Warranties. While every effort is made to ensure the information on this website is up-to-date and correct, Square One Home Loans Limited makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, suitability or availability of the website or the information about the products and services provided on the website. The information on this website is subject to change at any time and may, at times, be out of date, inaccurate and/or incomplete. Square One Home Loans Limited is under no obligation, and accepts no responsibility, to update any information on this website or correct any errors in the information after it is published on the website nor does Square One Home Loans Limited accept any liability for any failure to do so. Any reference on this website to historical information and performance of a product or service may not necessarily be a good guide to future performance. You are solely responsible for any actions you take or do not take by relying on such information.
3. No Liability. To the full extent legally allowable the directors, contractors, business associates, consultants and staff of Square One Home Loans Limited expressly disclaim all and any liability and responsibility to any person in respect of anything, and of the consequences of anything, done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon the whole or any part of the contents of this website. The disclaimers and limitations of liability do not prejudice your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, nor are they intended to exclude liability arising under statute.
4. NZ Jurisdiction. The information published on this website is governed by, and has been prepared to comply with, the New Zealand law. The information is only intended for persons within the New Zealand jurisdiction and is not intended for persons outside the New Zealand jurisdiction. Square One Home Loans Limited does not accept responsibility for the compliance of this information with the laws of any other country. The laws of New Zealand shall govern your use of this website and by visiting this website you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Square One Home Loans Limited will not be liable for any failure of this website to comply with the laws of any other country.
5. Virus protection. Although Square One Home Loans Limited regularly updates its virus protection software, it does not warrant that the server that makes the information and contents of this website available is free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the correct display and/or presentation of any material contained on this website.
6. Linked Websites. Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are neither under the control of, nor monitored by, Square One Home Loans Limited, and it has no knowledge of or control over the nature, content, and availability of those websites. Responsibility for the content and privacy practices of these linked websites rests solely with the owners of those websites, not Square One Home Loans Limited. Square One Home Loans Limited does not in any way, sponsor, recommend, or endorse anything contained on these linked websites. Square One Home Loans Limited does not accept any liability of any description for any loss suffered by you by relying on anything contained or not contained on these linked websites.
7. Website availability. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Square One Home Loans Limited takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any loss you may suffer due to the website being temporarily unavailable either during its planned maintenance or due to technical or other issues beyond our control.
8. Intellectual Property. All materials on this website are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Square One Home Loans Limited unless otherwise explicitly stated. The website may also contain a number of trademarks, logos and symbols which are either owned by Square One Home Loans Limited or used with the approval of the symbol owner. Nothing on the website should be construed as granting any licence to use any trade mark without the permission of the trade mark owner. Any material on this website that is identified as being subject to copyright of a third party, authorisation to use or reproduce such material must be obtained from that third party. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on this website only for personal, non-commercial use.